Training for interviewers for the Stigma Index study of people living with HIV in Georgia took place on 10-12 November.
The main implementer of the Stigma Index study is the non-governmental organisation of HIV-positive people, Real People Real Vision (RPRV). The study will be based on the standardised methodology of the PLHIV Stigma Index 2.0, taking into account the country context.
Любовь Воронцова, the trainer and technical consultant Центрально-Азиатская Ассоциация Людей, Живущих с ВИЧ for the study worked with the interviewers that were selected for the study in Tbilisi and the regions of the country.
The training included consideration and discussion of such topics:
– Presentation of participants, training programme, introduction to research tools and methodology.
– Preparing for the interview – location, compensation, time, logistics.
– Conducting the interview(Data collection tools. Informed consent, referrals, coding, etc.)
– Data security (storage, confidentiality).
– Handling and adaptation of the questionnaire.
– Difficult situations and how to solve them.