Call for Proposals: Goal, Activities, and Expected Results
Goal of this call for proposals is to select country-coordinating organization (CCO), which will be responsible for sustainable functioning of REAct instrument for monitoring and response to human rights violations, stigma and discrimination against PLHIV and KPs when accessing HIV-related prevention and treatment services.
Grant amount for Azerbaijan for 2023-2024 is 70 000 USD.
Informational webinar for potential applicants 08 November 2022 at 11 am Kyiv time
Deadline for submission of full applications 14 November 2022 at 23:59 Kyiv time
Coverage: It is expected that documentation and responding will cover all key populations (people living with HIV, sex workers, drug users, men who have sex with men and trans* people) and most affected regions in the country. Country-coordinating organization may cover regions and key populations by its own resources or may collaborate with other NGOs and partners.
Call for proposals will support funding to projects, which will include ALL of enlisted key activities below:
• Establish monitoring network of REActors (outreach workers / paralegals / social workers / peer consultants) who have first-hand contact with communities and can provide legal support and consultations to them.
• Conduct trainings for REActors on how to provide basic legal support to clients and how to use online tool for monitoring (REAct).
• Elaborate partnerships and collaboration with other NGOs and service providers to enable referring of clients to receive requested legal, medical, social and psychological services.
• Conduct documentation of cases (clients’ stories of recently experienced human rights violations, discrimination, violence) on regular basis to online database REAct.
• Follow carefully data security protocol, coordinate users` access to data collection database
• Promote REAct services in order to inform bigger number of clients about available support
• Provide basic legal support (counseling on human rights, support with filling in basic legal documents, appeals, statements)
• Select strategic cases and provide professional legal support in the court
• Data check, validation and analysis and prepare statistic reports, presentations, case studies based on collected evidence
• Present collected data and evidence during country stakeholder’s meetings, keep CCM (Country Coordinating Mechanism) and other related institutions updated with collected statistics and violations on a regular basis
• Using collected evidence, initiate advocacy actions, change in legislation and regulations to reduce discriminations and legal barriers when accessing HIV-related services
The application and supportive documents should be submitted by e-mail not later than by 14 November 2022, 23:59 Kyiv time, at the address firstname.lastname@example.org .
Questions regarding the call for proposals could be submitted at the same email address, until November 8, 2022. Q&A online file is available online: After the webinars a recording will be made available on the Alliance website.
Funding under this Call for Proposals is subject to provision of a grant by the Global Fund and is conditional onsuccessful applicants entering into a Grant Agreement with Alliance for Public Health. This Grant Agreement will contain details about eligible expenses, reporting, donor requirements and other obligations that successful applicant must adhere to.